[libhid-discuss] check if the device is still connected?
Gabriel Rossetti
2009-09-30 08:41:04 UTC
Hello everyone,

is there a way to check if the device is still present?

hid_find_usb_device() can't be used if the device is open and I'm not sure
hid_is_opened() detects if the device was opened and then unplugged
correctly.

Thanks,
Gabriel
Gabriel Rossetti
2009-09-30 08:51:18 UTC
Post by Gabriel Rossetti
Hello everyone,
is there a way to check if the device is still present?
hid_find_usb_device() can't be used if the device is open and I'm not sure
hid_is_opened() detects if the device was opened and then unplugged
correctly.
Thanks,
Gabriel
What happens exactly when a device is unplugged? Am I responsible for
cleaning
anything up (e.g. do I have to close it, release the interface, etc)?

Thanks,
Gabriel